Acceptable Use Policy
Last updated on 27th May 2020.
What's in these terms?
- Please read the terms of this Acceptable Use Policy (“AUP”) carefully before using orbitapp.io and the services provided via Orbit (“Orbit”). A reference to “you” or “your” is a reference to the user of Orbit.
- This AUP sets out the content standards that apply when you submit, upload or post content to Orbit, make contact with other users on Orbit, link to Orbit, or interact with Orbit in any other way.
- Click on the links below to go straight to more information on each area:
Who we are and how to contact us
- Orbit is operated by Orbit Labs Ltd, a company registered in England and Wales under company number 12302023 (“we”, “us”, “our”). Our registered office is at 2 Manor Farm Court, Old Wolverton, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England, MK12 5NN and our VAT number is 346487957.
- To contact us, please email .
By using Orbit you accept the terms of this AUP
- By creating an account, accessing or using Orbit, you confirm that you accept the terms of this AUP and that you agree to comply with them. If you do not agree to the terms of this AUP, you must not use Orbit and/or create or attempt to create an account. We recommend that you print a copy of this AUP for future reference.
- The following additional terms also apply to your use of Orbit and your account:
We may make changes to this AUP
- We may amend the terms of this AUP from time to time. Every time you wish to use Orbit, please check this AUP to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time.
- You may only use Orbit and your account for lawful purposes. You must not use Orbit or your account:
- in any way that: (a) breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation; or (b) is unlawful or fraudulent or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- to bully, insult, intimidate or humiliate any person or for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way;
- to send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our Content Standards (as set out below);
- to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam); or
- to knowingly introduce, or transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains, any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
- You also agree:
- not to access (or attempt to access) without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt: (a) any part of Orbit (including another user’s account); (b) any equipment or network on which Orbit is stored; (c) any software used in the provision of Orbit; or (d) any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party;
- not to pretend that you are, or that you represent, someone else, or impersonate any other individual;
- not to attack Orbit via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack; and
- not to reproduce, duplicate, transfer, give access to, copy, distribute or re-sell any part of Orbit without our prior written consent.
- You must not misuse Orbit. This means that you must not: (a) hack into, circumvent security or otherwise disrupt the operation of our system and Orbit, or attempt to carry out any of the foregoing; (b) develop, support or use software, devices, scripts, robots or any other means or processes (including crawlers, browser plugins and add-ons or any other technology) to scrape Orbit or otherwise copy profiles and other data from Orbit; or (c) use or attempt to use any automated program (including, without limitation, any spider or other web crawler) to access our system or Orbit.
- You should not copy or distribute the posts or other content of others without their permission.
- You are solely responsible for the information and content that you submit, upload or post to Orbit (“User Content”).
- You agree that all User Content that you upload to Orbit:
- will be accurate (where it states facts), be genuinely held (where it states opinions) and comply with the applicable law of the country from which it was posted; and
- will not:
- contain any material which is unlawful, defamatory, deceiving, inappropriate, sexually explicit, violent, obscene, offensive, hateful, discriminatory, libellous, threatening, harassing, indecent, unethical, immoral, inflammatory, promotes illegal activities or contains nudity or inappropriate or offensive language;
- contain otherwise objectionable or offensive content or contains a link to such content;
- contain any material which could bring the reputation of Orbit and/or us into disrepute;
- make untrue, dishonest, disparaging or libellous statements about us and/or Orbit and/or any third party;
- contain any information that you do not have the consent to disclose (such as confidential information of others); or
- contain any material which does or could potentially infringe our intellectual property rights or intellectual property rights of a third party,
- The Content Standards must be complied with in spirit as well as to the letter. The standards apply to each part of any User Content as well as to its whole.
- We will determine, in our discretion, whether User Content breaches the Content Standards.
Breach of this AUP
- When we consider that a breach of this AUP has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
- immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use Orbit (including your account);
- immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any User Content uploaded by you to Orbit;
- issue of a warning to you;
- legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach;
- further legal action against you; and
- disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary or as required by law.
- We exclude our liability for all action we may take in response to breaches of this AUP. The actions we may take are not limited to those described above, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
Which country's laws apply to any disputes?
- If you are a consumer, please note that the terms of this AUP, its subject matter and its formation are governed by English law. You and we both agree that the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction except that if you are a resident of Northern Ireland you may also bring proceedings in Northern Ireland, and if you are resident of Scotland, you may also bring proceedings in Scotland.
- If you are a business, the terms of this AUP, its subject matter and its formation (and any non-contractual disputes or claims) are governed by English law. We both agree to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.